09 October 2007

Shakugan no Shana Season 2 Episode 1

Umm... Yeah. A joint project with Ayako.

Links in the usual place.

---

Hmm, after a year of nearly crappy and disappointing animes, October finally delivers! I'm not going to go into detail of every show (go visit some anime blogs. Plenty around), but here are some of my recommendations.

SPOILERS

-Shugo Chara!:
If I had the time, this is THE project I'll be working on. Unfortunately, I am bogged down with all sorts of crap, and I don't think I can spend 6 hours a week translating again.

Story is about a girl who cannot express herself well, but instead of animes where the girl is shy and stuff, she does it in a way which everyone thinks it's cool. However, she really does want to change her character, and after some praying, she is given some spirit things which can change her character. Great stuff.

-Prism Arc:

I'm a sucker for action flicks. But unlike some shows with random girls just randomly bashing stuff, this one actually throws you right into the action while telling you the history. I'm interested to see how the storyline pans out, simply because I think this approach is rather rare.

- Shana Season 2

Unlike ZnT S2, this one actually has a plot. Go Shana!

-Minami-ke

Hmm, this is something like school rumble. 1 very silly girl among 2 (not one this time) rather clever sisters and a guy who likes the silly girl. This is NOT school rumble, but if you liked it, you should like Minami-ke.

-Myself ; Yourself

Another typical "Guy disappears for 5 years, returns, finds the girl he used to love but did not recognise her so she hates him now and now he needs to spend the rest of 13 episodes winning her back" type of show.

No idea why I'm so attracted to it though. Must be the VAs.

-Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun

Ecchi with a pretty hot girl and a guy who likes her but is made to protect her.

Sounds familar? :)

But hey, it is funny, at least, the ecchi parts are.

-kimikiss pure rouge

Yet another harem type of show. But I really like the lead actress's VA, so I'm watching this one.

-CLANNAD

Umm.... Nakahara being in the wrong role (AGAIN) is another mark down for me. Then again, storyline looks interesting.

---

The next few shows depend on the next few episodes.

-Da Capo Season 2:

We all know anything with "Da Capo" should not go beyond 13 episodes. Episode 1 looks nice, but episode 2 may just slide downhill. Afterall, it is Da Capo.

-Bamboo Blade:

This one has a real possibility of being a decent watch. But I kinda found the storyline bland. I anticipate 13 episodes of kendo training and episode 14 of winning etc.

Yet I am attracted to Myself ; Yourself.

Somebody shoot me thx.

-Gundam 00

Blah blah blah. This is missing a Lacus. Seems like Gundam is going back to its roots or something. O_o

At least there's no more Kira.

-Dragonaut

This one is one of the few which really needs a few episodes before a decision can be made. To say whether this series would be a worthwhile watch with only one episode may not do it justice.

-Blue Drop

If you liked the above, you'll like Blue Drop. Both animes will need more time for themselves to develop. Give it a shot if you like the sci-fi stuff.

Not watching:

-ef ~A tale of memories~
-Sketchbook ~full color's~

You should watch Sketchbook if you liked Aria (The bloody cats are everywhere, even the cat from Aria). Otherwise, if you are an action junkie, skip them. Not saying they are bad, but they just aren't my type of animes.

Yet to watch:

-Night Wizard
-Jyushin Enbu
-Blue Drop

There you have it, the animes which I think would be a good watch. I am always on the lookout for "hidden gems" in shows. They are shows which no one has really heard of until you've watched the anime. Examples are Utawarerumono, Soukou no Strain and Doujin Work. Do also take my "recommendations" with a pinch of salt. I do enjoy watching romance and action, so you may have a different view as to what I enjoy watching. I'm just saying what would be a nice watch if you are wondering what to watch this season.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the quick list & reviews. I always forget to check up on new anime via blogs and such, so I miss a lot of them when they first start. I have now watched most of what you listed, and can say I agree with the majority of your opinions.

Here's to a good season~ o.ob

9:39 AM  
Blogger Andrzej said...

LoL you prefer lot of anime that i prefer on upcoming sezon =]
(almost none of my friends watched S.Strain also, but i think its rly cool :D)
and for Night Wizard it seems that it can be pretty cool series :)
anidb roxx :D there are listed all new anime all the time :), and you can always subscribe so they inform you about the realeases :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger pchunter said...

Wow.... seriously you guys have REALLY good taste of anime... all the anime i was looking for and all the anime i was looking foward to, YOU HAVE THEM ALL. Thanks a lot, Im so lucky there is a fansub group with the exact same taste as me o.o

5:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Blue Drop looks good... Sci-fi mystery from the looks of the first episode. not real sure where it is going to go plot wise but real nice animation. I can't wait till the next episode.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Ihar Filipau said...

Dragonaut looks good.

Blue Drop - haven't seen anybody subbing it yet. Want to watch.

Gundam 00 - didn't managed to get past first 2 minutes of first ep: brainwashed mindraped kids, fantastical overpowered flying (w/o broom!!!) human-like machines. Seems like another repetition of all what Gundam series are so famous for. (Reaction of fans is appaling: seems like Turn A and Wing which I liked are really exceptions rather than normal.)

Didn't yet looked into ecchi and action animes. Though something is urgently needed to replace San-chan!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Wisebrute said...

Guess a few have yet to start since I couldn't find torrents for them on Toshokan, scarywater or animesuki. But I'm already downloading the ones I can and will make sure to get the rest when they come out. So far Your-Mom has always led me to great animes, so I'll continue to put my faith in you.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm a sucker for action and romance as well so thanks for the suggestions. i've actually been wondering whether or not to watch the animes before you suggested them, but since you did i tested them out and they seem pretty good. thanks =]

3:59 PM  
Blogger Blindshinigami said...

ok i agree with u on all the anime i feel the same way about all of them literally, and im really excited about some bc htey have already gotten great in just 2-3 eps, and on top of commenting i was curious as to if u guys were gonna finnish ur subbing of price of tennis the national championship? oh and u dont have to post this is was just a compliment on ur good anime tastes and that question.. thanks! ^_^

1:28 AM  
Blogger Mangaboyx said...

Hey thanks for the reviews alot of the anime this fall is pretty good in a sense. If anybody from your-mom is reading this Could you consider subbing in the future Rosario to Vampire! You have got to see the trailer its short but really cool! I've read all the scans from the web and I think that this series has potential to be a really good show for the spring!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mangaboyx said...

I just wanted to say thank you for the list of reviews some of the anime I've already been watching and are really good! I just had a thought If anyone from your-mom is reading this. If you have any consideration for A new series coming out next spring for subbing? Rosario to vampire, if you have read the manga then this series should be a really good series to watch! Could you please leave a comment at my email address! thank you so much and I appreciate your subbing!

1:53 PM  
Blogger fenrir said...

What about Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro???

12:32 PM  
Blogger Mangaboyx said...

Thanks so much your-mom for all the subbs just wanted to know in the future if you would consider Roario to vampire the manga series is awesome! I read in newtype that the series is going to be reality in 2008!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Mangaboyx said...

Thanks so much your-mom for all the subbs just wanted to know in the future if you would consider Roario to vampire the manga series is awesome! I read in newtype that the series is going to be reality in 2008!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home