30 December 2006

Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro na ~Crescent Love~ Episodes 10, 11 and 12 (END), and the end of something else.

Crescent Love 10 XviD
Crescent Love 11 XviD
Crescent Love 12 XviD


So, it has all finally come to an end.

To be honest, this is easily one of the toughest projects I've taken up so far, but I did have plenty of good fun doing it. The anime series, as a whole, is pretty good. It could have turned into something like Happiness (Which had one hell of a strange ending), but thankfully, it turned out pretty nicely after all. Moreover, the storyline of this anime is not one which quite a few stupid animes use, where the guy takes the entire season to discover that he likes a girl.

If it isn't for all the graphical defects, this could have been an excellent anime. Even then, it is still a very very good watch.

However, with the end of this project, I must also announce the end of this team.

I simply do not have the time required to do such work week in, week out. It is very much enjoyable, but unfortunately, I'm pretty much doing everything myself.

The reason for that?

Well, let's just say I messed up real bad somewhere along the way, and ended up flying solo. I was a real moron back then, and if you are reading this, I would like repeat the word "sorry" once again.

Still, I am rather proud and, at many times, astounded with the progress of this team to date. It was a team which was formed to do 2 Otome episodes after I fell in love with Mai, disbanded, reformed after disagreements, and well... this is where it is today.

After CarrierZ left, I found the burden of leading the team suddenly dumped on my shoulders. However, I never truely found it annoying, but instead found it very enjoyable. By building the team around the simple idea of "Get it done, I don't care how.", a very enjoyable environment was created for every member. By not truly giving a damn about how a stupid sign rotates and fades, what I've been doing, was pure joy to me.

Along the way, many people pitched in their skills to help. To all these people, from those who helped with my translation work, to the distro dudes, right down to the random IRC idler who gave me pointers when I needed them (Renaming the cities in one of the Utawarerumono episodes is one such example XD), I thank you. None of this could have been the same if it wasn't for your help. If there is anything I can help with, please do NOT hesitate to ask. I will be more than happy to help if I am able to.

As to the team, namely those who with whom I've fought together with (Chysil, Alok, ArcticWolf, Seish, Robocrop, Shak, Leha) Thank you for making this a wonderful experience. It was enjoyable, stressful, demanding, but overall, fun. I must also thank all our distros, who would otherwise have made our work close to impossible if it wasn't for you peeps.

Finally, I must thank CarrierZ for coming to me on MSN saying "LET"S DO OTOME! LOLOL" (or something), allowing me to start this extremely memorable journey.

Lastly, to all the fans who has supported us all the way, thank you. None of this would have happened without your continuous support, despite all our mess ups here and there. Once again, thank you.

So, what am I going to do to this site?

Moreover, what am I going to do now?

Who knows?

:)

--Signing off
NightFalcon

15 Comments:

Blogger Krikleminj said...

sorry to hear that its the end i loved you guys always speeding up a project and always having good projects you were the only group who did school rumble and whitout you there would have been none i owe you mutch thanks and i hope you have a good continuation of the new year. have a good one and i hope to see the name nightfalcon writen on the credits of an anime once again.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Maniac said...

I'll missing seeing your releases, I enjoyed them. Thanks for doing it!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Your.Local.Hero said...

thanks I liked the speed you subbed things and got rid of the wait for the epsoides I want to watch especially on you tube where your projects end up

4:32 PM  
Blogger Veester said...

OMGOMGOMG!!! We'll miss you YourMom!! <3 A hell of a lot :(

4:50 PM  
Blogger Gamezonline said...

Thanks for everything loved this anime was a good one... did no that anyone finished Happiness! but then again.. u dont have to wait for a sub ^^... thx again for everything ^^

5:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude thanks for school rumble and your hard work and best wishes for the holidays and new years

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude thanks for school rumble and your hard work and best wishes for the holidays and new years

6:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude thanks for school rumble and your hard work and best wishes for the holidays and new years

6:58 PM  
Blogger steven said...

Damn, the end of a (rather short era). We're gonna miss you.

Um... BTW are there going to be h264 flavoured versions of ~crescent love~ or is it literally the end right here?

12:51 AM  
Blogger HS said...

Thank you for everything. I really enjoyed every series that was subbed by the team. Good luck and thank you again.

4:14 AM  
Blogger J33R0X said...

wow really sucks your quiting, was really hopeing to see School Rumble 3rd term from you guys, thx alot for the other subs your speed and dedication was awsome

11:38 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Awww, so we wont be expecting anymore fast subs from you guys anymore ='(
But thx for the subs ^.^

7:17 AM  
Blogger kass said...

I loved everything about Your-Mom, especially the speedy releases.
Hope you guys had a great holiday season last year, and I hope you guys have a great 2007.
You never know, you might start fansubbing again in the future =).

4:58 AM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

u hv done a great work. i njoyed ur subs a lot. thnx for Uta and School Rumble. I started Uta, bcoz of its 'Your-Mom' sub logo. :P.
well, now rest in peace :D

7:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Twisting the knife further...

NightFalcon, i've always said you where very, very, talented with your writing, i remember a millenia ago i was bored in the irc channel, chatting to you.

But as we all know, times must change. Your-Mom Fansubs, Your time with us on this planet was short lived, and the way it was ended was... painful. I hope to see buds of your work carry onto the next generation, and this time maybe the new life will be immune to frailties and such.

I thank-you for all you have done for the world, Your-Mom Fansubs, Rest in Peace.

I graciously twist the knife, until the buds of the flowers bloom.

Your's Faithfully,
Darksilence.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home